HOW MUCH DOES PACKAGING DESIGN COST?
Unlike many packaging design agencies, we’re happy to talk about what your project might cost. We’re confident you’ll find Reach exceptional value for money, thanks to our unique business model.
Reach is a boutique design consultancy – and works in a different way to traditional agencies. We’re lean and agile, with a network of long-term self-employed collaborators. This improves quality and helps us reduce overheads, savings we pass on to you as lower project costs.
How much will my packaging design project cost?
PHASE 1: DESIGN THINKING
We’ll work with you to set out the challenge using our proven Client DemocracyTM project management approach. This includes considering:
- What are the visual equities the packaging should retain and build on?
- What design language should we adopt? Do we stick to the accepted rules of the category? should we ‘borrow’ from another category to inject new desired values?
- How do we create authenticity or efficacy or appetite appeal?
- What benefits can we claim on front of pack?
- What should the front of pack copy be?
- If a new product, how similar or different should it be to the rest of the range or is a new brand or sub-brand needed?
The output of this phase is a visual design strategy and the fees are usually between:
£5,000 and £10,000
PHASE 2: CREATIVE PACKAGING DESIGN
This is when the creatives work their magic. Working to a tight design brief defined in Phase 1, we explore creative packaging design that will:
- Enable the brand to stand out and be different.
- Generate visual equity for the brand to be recognised by.
- Capture the brand’s unique territory in the category to create emotional appeal for consumers.
- Make the product range easy to shop.
The output of this phase is a signed off front face pack design and the fees are normally between :
£10,000 and £20,000
PHASE 3: IMPLEMENTATION DESIGN
We now take the design through to print ready artwork and liaise with your printers to ensure optimum design execution. In this phase we will:
- Commission any required photography or illustration
- Optimise the design across all faces of the pack – roll the design out across all skus
- Create print ready artwork
The cost of this phase is dependent upon the number of SKUs. To give an indication:
1 SKU = around £1,000
15 SKUs = around £7,500
Every project is fully scoped and costed before we get started, so please do contact us to set up a meeting and get your success story started – contact Reach.