By Reach Brands
Ten interesting and useful reported statistics on consumer attitudes, behaviours, trends and demographics.
- Customer loyalty is on a ‘knife edge’ with 55% of consumers switching brands in the past 12 months and as many as 66% researching companies at any one time.
A better deal is no comparison to good service – Marketing Week 17th May 2012
- 36% of Brits have abandoned buying cakes and biscuits from the supermarket entirely in favour of making them themselves.
Baking on the rise Scotsman.com 09th January 2012
- 71% of consumers will approach a sampling stand if it is visually appealing and 76% will come over if the product is new. But only 38% are more likely to take a sample if it is combined with some kind of interactive experience
Offering a bit more than a free sample – Marketing Week 24th May 2012
- You might assume that for personal hygiene reasons everyone puts on clean underwear when they get dressed at the start of the day, yet only eight in 10 men appear to be doing so.
The dirty secret of our drawers Mailonline 11th January 2012
- 41% of smartphone owners use their mobile phone to pinpoint the location of a shop they want to visit
M- Commerce moves into the mainstream – Marketing Week 03rd May 2012
- 75% of consumers like receiving special offers and vouchers through the post, according to a study by TNS and the British Market Research Bureau.
Post-delivery directing pays off by Jo Robert – Marketing Week 31st May 2012
- Pets come first: 1/3 of pet owners would cut back on their own food before they cut back spending in their pets
Pampered pets UK by Kate Youde The Independent 06th May 2012
- Nearly 90% of new mothers shopped online in the last 30 days prior to the research being done and 62% say they would do all of their shopping via the internet if it made sense to.
Why Mums go online for deals and advice by Lucy Handley – Marketing Week 26th April 2012
- 3 in 5 brits eat meat free food
Is this the end of meat? by Kate Burt The Independent Saturday 19th May 2012
- 55% of 65-74 year olds feel ignored by UK brands, compared with 46% of 55 – 64 year olds
Is your customer data firing on all cylinders? Marketing Week 17th May 2012
By Michelle Vincent, Strategy Executive at Reach