By Reach Brands
Ten interesting and useful reported statistics on consumer attitudes, behaviours, trends and demographics.
- Of the 1,831 men polled by designer discount site HushHush.com, 11% admitted to wearing make-up, with 52% saying they apply it regularly and 22% saying they wear it every day
Professional Beauty Magazine 24th January 2013
- 70% of shoppers have stopped buying goods or services from a company after experiencing poor customer service
Oracle Report: Why Customer Satisfaction is No Longer Good Enough 31st October 2012
- Wrap estimates the average household throws away food worth £520 every year
The waste challenge: urging consumers to spend…less by Elinor Zuke The Grocer 29th Sep 2012
- Salad accompaniments and think sauces dominate the table sauce market (together accounting for about 75% of value), although thin sauces have been boosted by a desire for hotter flavours and ‘scratch cooking’
Mintel – Sector Insight : Table Sauces, Marketing Magazine 23rd January 2013
- 81% of census respondents describe themselves as being on ‘good or very good health’. Yet this leaves a fifth of the population who are not
State of the nation by Andy Nairn – Marketing Magazine 09th January 2013
- Single person households are increasing at a rate of 160,000 a year. Singletons are on course to become the biggest type of household by 2031, reaching 10.9m, according to the Government of Science
2013: the year of being single by David Benady Marketing Magazine 30th January 2013
- According to a survey carried out by Red Tractor Assurance, more than half (56%) of all people asked said that when eating out they would like to see a symbol of food quality. Consumers said the symbol they look for should guarantee good standards of farming and food production as well as a sign of origin.
UK shopper want symbol of origin by Nicholas Robinson www.meatinfo.co.uk
- Three in four people take the view that diet products are overpriced, and some 71 per cent questioned their health credentials.
Back to diet basics in 2013: Brits lose appetite for ‘rip off’ weight control food and drinks in favour of smaller portions and exercise by Lucy Waterlow 02nd January 2013 www.dailymail.co.uk
- Women look oldest at 3.30pm on a Wednesday, as work stress is at a peak and the effects of a heavy weekend has kicked in, according to research.
Professional Beauty Magazine 29th January 2013
- 85% of customers said they were delighted (27%) or very/somewhat happy (58%) on receiving a public response to their comments on social media from a brand source
Study: Delight consumers with public customer service responses via social by Helen Leggatt – Biz Report.com June 26th 2012
By Michelle Vincent, Strategy Manager at Reach
When? Wednesday 10th April 2013, 12:30 – 4:30pm
Where?Whitechapel Gallery, London E1
For more information or to book your place please Contact Sarah Evans